Friday, February 20, 2009

Collage of Cardinal Ideas

So I have my concept-attempting to juxtapose Worcesterites with local scenery as a way to illuminate the different envrionments unique to each neighborhood. It is my goal to produce fully realized images of at least ten different areas of the city within the frames of my very vague concept. First step, identify the areas that will yield these images. I have come up with a short list of ideas and locations that might get me started:

Orthodox Jews walking to temple- Pleasant St.
Lawyers/businessmen commuting- Downtown
Vietnamese Community- Main St.
Restaurants Opening- Water/Shrewsbury Sts.
Various High Schools at the end of the day

These are things I hope will jump start my overall project. More ideas on how to portray the various communities will hopefully present themselves as I work on capturing these images.

Another feat I am hoping to tackle is the architecture of Worcester. Namely, how to present it less lamely. I have been doing some reasearch on architecture photography and theories of design and perspective that may aid me. All told, however, I need to focus more on the act of taking photgraphs and spend a little less time on whether I am doing it right. Practice, after all, makes perfect.

No comments:

Post a Comment